The City Hall:
The Duke César de Vendôme founded a school in 1623 which he entrusted to some Oratories (a religious congregation established in France in the 17th century). This building was given various different names over the years: Royal Military School at the end of the 18th century which became the Ronsard secondary school in 1930. In 1969-1970 a new secondary school was built to the north of the town.
Saint Jacques Chapel:
In the 12th century, this chapel welcomed pilgrims on their way to Santiago de Compostella. This flamboyant Gothic chapel is the result of transformations carried out in the 15th and 16th centuries.
The Islette tower:
The Islette tower is part of the fortifications built in the 13th century on the edge of the Loir river. In the 18th century, like so many other defensive buildings, the tower was neglected and partly destroyed and re-used by the Vendôme inhabitants.